cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to limit or kill the output from AP's after hours?

Is it possible to limit or kill the output from AP's after hours?

Simon_Read
New Contributor II
After a potential hacking attempt I've been asked to look into reducing or disabling the coverage area of AP's after business hours.

The AP's are all on power bricks, so that rules out doing anything with the switch I guess. This is not a function I remember or can find on the Controller, but wondered if anybody had any bright ideas?

Obviously they would need to extend their coverage in the morning.

Thanks in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Dewald, It looks like you found your answer in the "How to disable/enable wireless services during specific times" article, which was shared in this thread. Just want to make sure.

I have been looking for a guide on how to deploy exactly what you are talking about Charlie. Can you or perhaps anyone in the community point me to one or link to one?
Appreciated,

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
If you use RADIUS authentication you'd also add a restriction so access during the night is not allowed.
i.e. for Windows NPS add a date/time restriction in the network policy....

acb1d2c37d2349d488eef44fb345c428_RackMultipart20150819-23398-1h2tgn4-AD_restirct_datetime_inline.png

-Ron

Doug
Extreme Employee
Take a look at https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-disable-enable-wireless-services-du...

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Doug
Extreme Employee
Thanks James!
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks
GTM-P2G8KFN