cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load balancing or Band Steering which is better?

Load balancing or Band Steering which is better?

Sai_Prasad_Rao_
New Contributor III
Clients are getting stuck to the access point which they connect for the first time, they are not moving to other ap while roaming. I have enabled bandsteering for all those ap's. Is that causing the issue.... Just removed bandsteering and configured client load balancing will that help ?
18 REPLIES 18

FES
New Contributor III
Hi,
i have seen that you have Long Guard Interval... Actually in my network that i have with 7000 clients I dont have 802.11b clients... yo may only configure Radio 2 with g/n.
By the other side, actually is posible that you have probles with probe suppresion.
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Access-points-getting-into-a-locked-stat...
I dont see 9.21.08 version... Is it published now?

In avanced settings of Radio 2 you have STBC, LDBC, ABBDDA support that the help says that is recommended to be enabled. Consider see the help in each window to enable or disable your specific options.

I have more options configured different than yours, but depends of each network.

Apologize for my english

Doug
Extreme Employee
usually different compliance tables (ie max tx power for a particular channel)
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Thanks Doug,

any idea what the difference is to the non -1 APs.

wns0014251
Added support for AP3825i-1 and AP3825e-1 models

Doug
Extreme Employee
9.21.08 has been released.
Doug Hyde

Doug
Extreme Employee
Hello Francisco,

The 9.21.08 release should be posted on our Extranet for download no later than tomorrow afternoon.
Doug Hyde
GTM-P2G8KFN