Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Authentication in VNS with NAC

MAC Authentication in VNS with NAC

RP_MDP
New Contributor
Hi everybody !

I must create a new SSID for mobile device and I want to do MAC authentication + WPA PSK Key.

We got NAC Appliance so I create a rule with just for the moment a match on an end-system group which contain my mobile.
I create a new WLAN services associate to a new ssid with WPA-PSK key in "Privacy" and choose disabled in "Auth&Acct" with the "Enable MAC-Based Authentication" where I specify my two NAC Appliance as Radius Servers.

When I'm trying to connect in the ssid with my mobile, I insert my key but the mobile is not connecting to the network and doen't take DHCP IP. I checked in NAC Manager with a configuration evaluation tool and I see that the mobile match the correct rule. When I do just WPA-PSK without MAC authentication, it's work fine.

Can someone help me ?

Regards,
RP
5 REPLIES 5

TylerMarcotte
Extreme Employee
Hi RP,

If you don't see any end systems appearing in NAC, then you should check two things. 1) make sure your shared secret is correct between the wireless controller and NAC. 2) Make sure you added the wireless controller to NAC as a Switch.

Once you have those two items in place you should at least see an end system appear in the End Systems screen.

Thanks,

Tyler
GTM-P2G8KFN