Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring concurrent clients per SSID/VNS with SNMP

Monitoring concurrent clients per SSID/VNS with SNMP

n_n__n_n_
New Contributor
Hello,

I ́d like to monitor the amount of concurrent connected clients for each SSID/VNS

(I saw https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/wifi-controller-enterasys-identifi-c4110-2-numb... but cannot find the corresponding OID).

It would be great if someone could point me to the right one.

Regards
6 REPLIES 6

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I've run into the same issue in the past and opened a GTAC ticket.

In short...Flexviews that you create are only stored on your local PC.

Here the solution to share it with all Netsight users..

GTAC:
Flexview needs to be moved to the server to the /NetSight/Appdata/System/Flexviews/My Flexviews directory.
Server and client then need to be restarted.
The flexviews in this directory will not be removed on upgrade, if put into one of the other folders the upgrade will remove the flexview.

n_n__n_n_
New Contributor
Hello again,

I ́m still fighting with NetSight. I actually want to poll the OID permanently, night and day in order to get some nice reports out of it. Within FlexView I can actually start the polling*. But I want that one to be permanent and the data should be available within OneView reporting.

Within OneView I can go to Devices => View => FlexView, but I cannot see the Flexview I created within Console. (According to http://nms.extremewireless.ca:8080/Clients/help/content/oneview/docs/ov_ht_flx_vw_web.html
"Select a FlexView from the drop-down menu, or enter all or part of the FlexView name to find a matching view. Any FlexView configured in Console is listed for selection, including standard FlexViews and custom FlexViews you create.") => My custom FlexView isn ́t displayed there.

Any hints would be great.

Regards,
Chris

UPDATE:
I just noticed, that I can get those values within OneView => Custom Reports => "Target: Wireless MZ, Groups, SSIDs" => WLAN associated clients

ff4e247223b144058bb6275c96af45b8_RackMultipart20150905-17356-cg19te-Netsightconsole_inline.png

Ryan_Mathews
Extreme Employee
Welcome to the Hub Chris. Glad you crossed in to our purple community!
GTM-P2G8KFN