cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicast WLAN issues, chromecast and spotify

Multicast WLAN issues, chromecast and spotify

Esa_Kuusisto
New Contributor III

I have connectivity issues with multicast when I try to use chromecast and spotify. I have enabled multicast replication and configured per guide:
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000074801

Chromecast problem is with that cannot communicate it with android phone.
Spotify problem is that cannot control spotify at amplifier from laptop. Something to do with multicast.

My test setup is one 3805i AP and V2110 controler at other location. So traffic is bridged@AP. Version 09.21.02.0014. Traffic goes inside one AP. No problems if traffic goes between wired and wireless.

No problems if I use some bulk home AP. I have not filtered any traffic. All traffic should pass. Multicast bridging enabled with 0.0.0.0/0. Issue did exist also with couple older software releases.

Any clues where to check? This should be possible as this works with bulk no name AP, but not with identifi.

21 REPLIES 21

Esa_Kuusisto
New Contributor III
Yes, I can provide screenshots. It is not all default as I have tried to debug why it does not work.

All devices are in same subnet.

bc958745c19446368666ff2dc91f0d2a_RackMultipart20160107-27288-tki9kt-1_inline.png

Joseph_Burnswor
New Contributor III
Are the wireless devices on different subnets or on the same?

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Could you please post a screenshot of the role that is used for this wireless client.

Esa_Kuusisto
New Contributor III
Hi

Multicast bridging checked. IP 0.0.0.0/0, Group All multicast, Wireless Replication checked.

Andre_Faupl
New Contributor
Hello Esa,

Do you have Wireless Replication also activated at the multicast configuration?

Like the help box it seems to be exactly your problem:

"Wireless replication" controls whether multicasts from wireless clients will be forwarded back to other wireless clients. Disabling wireless replication can save wireless bandwidth but some protocols (such as SpectraTalk's "Push to Talk" feature) won't work when wireless replication is disabled. When multicast bridging/forwarding is enabled while wireless replication is disabled multicasts to the address will only be forwarded from the wired network to wireless stations and from wireless stations to the wired network, not directly between wireless stations.

Regards,

Andre

GTM-P2G8KFN