cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My devices can connect and authenticate to the external captive portal successfully, but are unable to browse the internet. Please Help!!

My devices can connect and authenticate to the external captive portal successfully, but are unable to browse the internet. Please Help!!

Dean_Ferraro
New Contributor III
My devices can connect and authenticate to the external captive portal successfully, but are unable to browse the internet. Please Help!! All appeared to be working fine a short while ago on version 9.12 but ever since upgrading to 10.01.06 this does not seem to work. We have two Identifi V2110 controllers. All appears to be the same for the Topology and Roles,I am thinking something must have changed in the policy rules to block this communication. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
15 REPLIES 15

Dean_Ferraro
New Contributor III
Ok so we removed the Policy Rules to allow all traffic and isolated the browsing problem to what appears to be a redirection issue.

Additionally we ran a side by side test directly connecting the same laptop to the wire to see if the problem was isolated to the wireless ECP and did locate an issue with a static route in our firewall.

Once corrected we are now able to browse from the wireless ECP (still no policy rules) but continue to get intermittent results. It feels like we are being filtered somehow as some sites can easily be browsed but others are not. Will continue to test and put policy rules back in place to see if anything changes.

Our Community Manager, Drew, will definitely mark the thread solved (he already has), based on your input. This obviously helps future readers when they find relevant Hub topics on Google or Extreme Search -- http://www.extremenetworks.com/search/#t=All&sort=relevancy.

Since we run such an open community, we never really consider these topics closed. So, seeing the original poster confirm the resolution after a healthy bit of collaboration from some of the Hub's best and brightest, is great.

I know you're relatively new to the Community and we're glad you joined us. We like how you go about your business and share your knowledge.

Roger. LOL I couldn't figure out how to close this item so I just posted the end result to see if the moderator might close it for me. Have a great day

Thanks for circling back with the Hub Community with your resolution Dean.
Good stuff!
GTM-P2G8KFN