cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AP3805i ver. 10.01.04.1003 can't connect to EWC ver. 9.21.15.006

New AP3805i ver. 10.01.04.1003 can't connect to EWC ver. 9.21.15.006

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III

I am trying to deploy a brand new AP3805i. It gets and IP address from dhcp. I can connect to it via ssh. But does not show up on EWC pending AP list.

I can't upgrade EWC to new version as we have 30 AP3610. So how can I downgrade the new AP to version 9.21? And why the new AP's come with 10.x firmware by default?

I read another topic about this on the hub. It says ver 9.21.10.x should support this and AP should downgrade after connecting to EWC. But this AP does not even listed in Pending APs list.

I also read gtac https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000084866. I don't really understand it. It first says minimum firmware for 3805i is 10.x but then says for rev 5f hardware minimum firmware is 9.21.x. So is it version 10 or version 9.21? Our controller has latest 9.21 firmware.

P.S. I am using DNS for easy deploy btw. Does it changed on version 10 so ap does not appear on pending list?

Thanks,

Rahman

10 REPLIES 10

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
"What is the difference between them and why the reseller ordered wrong model?"

The ROW and FCC model has a client certificate installed so you'd also use it as an Extreme Cloud AP.

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III
We did not ordered ROW model. We did not even know what is the ROW model and what is the purpose of it. Our controller runs ROW licence. But none of the 3805i APs we have has -ROW extension in their model name.

So we should return these and get normal models? What is this ROW model btw? What is the difference between them and why the reseller ordered wrong model?

Edit: We also get two AP-3965i which came with WS-AP3965i-ROW model. They need v10 too. I looked their datasheet and there is no non ROW model for it. So what I said before seems valid, Extreme killed AP3610 models before they are end of support. It is very discouraging.

Now this is a real pita for us. We did not plan replacing 30 AP3610 and have no spare budget for them.

Regards,

Rahman

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
No, if you order the correct model it works.

You'd order part# WS-AP3805I which will work with v9.21.10 but if you order part# 30913 (=the ROW version of the AP3805i) you'd need v10.

-Ron

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III
Hi,

It is WS-AP3805i-ROW. It seems serial number format changed with new APs. It is xxxxx-xxxxx format now like summit-x series switches.

So this means Extreme Networks practically killed legacy APs like 3610s we have even their support period will end something like year 2020? Because this means we can't use 3610s if we upgrade to v10 and we can't add any new APs any more if we stay at v9.

Well done Extreme, well done.

Regards,

Rahman

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Rahman,

first of all you have to check you hardware revision (see label on your APs). Depending on what kind of revision you have you will see in the GTAC articles what version you controller need.

There is an example on the bottom of the GTAC article where you will find the hw revision.

Regards
Stephan

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN