cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probe Suppression/Force Disassociation

Probe Suppression/Force Disassociation

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
I've been playing with Probe Suppression/Force Disassociation to see if it could help in certain area's with clients that do not roam aggressively, however it does not seem to be working. e.g. I have an ap with 16 clients on it, 4 of which have -80 RSSI. When i enable probe suppression, force disassociation with a threshold of -65, none of the 4 clients get disassociated. Any advice? Thanks much.
11 REPLIES 11

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
I was on the phone with GTAC last week troubleshooting something unrelated to probe suppression. One of the things they wanted me to verify was that probe suppression was not enabled, as there is apparently a current known bug. we are running firmware 10.11.02.0032 on our controllers. I didn't ask any further questions since we are not currently using it, however maybe someone from extreme can confirm in this post.

FES
New Contributor III
Joshua,
you must be in 9.21.07 or 9.21.08 version that solves the probe suppresion bug. Also you can use the min rate to 11 mbps and disable 802.11b clients.

Sai_Prasad_Rao_
New Contributor III
Hi FES

I have Probe supression enabled with RSS: -65 , min rate of 6 mbps and disabled b clients (only using g/n) is it fine ?

Jim_Seaman
New Contributor II
Wow. That's crucial to know in my opinion. Thank you for the information!
GTM-P2G8KFN