Did you mean: 

Problems with Realtek wireless adapters, 10.41.12.0006, AP3705i

Problems with Realtek wireless adapters, 10.41.12.0006, AP3705i

wsgc
New Contributor
C35 Controller running 10.41.12.0006
AP AP3705i
Client: Lenovo A485, Windows 10Pro - Realtek 8822BE chipset

We have issues with some clients that have Realtek chipsets when they are on 5ghz and associated with the 3705 AP. They experience extremely high latency: ping times to the nearest switch on the network over 2 seconds. Also some clients are not always able to connect after being off the network for a while.

The clients when at a different site with newer APs(38xx,39xx)) do not have this problem. We'd like to get this solved without having to buy new APs because the 3705 is still supported.

Example:

Suspend laptop. Resume next day.

Windows unable to get a working connecton.

Proto: 5.0n|L,W
RSS: -56
Avg.Rate(Mbps)/Sent/Rec'd: 300/100
Ping time to switch: 1000-2500ms

Disassociate laptop from controller. Laptop does not connect again(Windows 10 doesn't bother trying to reconnect).
Force reconnection from client. Works.

RSS: -55
Avg.Rate(Mbps)/Sent/Rec'd: 254/80
Ping time to switch: 500-2800ms

Disassociate. Force reconnection.

RSS: -55
Avg.Rate(Mbps)/Sent/Rec'd: 254/80
Ping time to switch: 100-1000ms

Forcing laptop adapter to use 802.11b/g/n on 2.4ghz fixes problem.

802.11b/g/n(2.4)
Proto: 2.4n
RSS: -57
Avg.Rate(Mbps)/Sent/Rec'd: 104/172
Ping time to switch: <5ms
24 REPLIES 24

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

How is that even possible? to fall asleep in between pings?  if its a reply, like it is in this case (when it finally connects, even 2 seconds shouldn't be long enough for power management to kick the computer into sleep… 

Thanks,

J.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Oh, and the other thing about removing the driver Windows 10 installs (most the time anyway) when its finished installing itself, is to fully remove that driver.  Not just remove it via Device Manager, Device, Properties and Uninstall Driver, but to actually delete the driver.  Once you do that, then you go to the manufacturer’s website, download the install their driver.

There is an article here on how to do that: How to uninstall drivers from Windows, in 5 steps | Digital Citizen

I have asked the desktop technician to try that and let me know if he is still having the same issue.  So ill get back here when i hear anything, and would appreciate any more thoughts/solutions on this issue, as the above may or may not work.

Thanks,

J.

PS: If i didn't say it already, its an Intel card in this laptop.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I saw that about turning power management off, and according to the desktop technician, there is nothing in the device properties to turn that off.

thanks,

J (Jason).

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Nope, just sitting in the office right next door to mine, where the AP is.

Thanks,

J

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello J,

just as a note, the post refers to Identifi not ExtremeCloud IQ.

Regarding your problem, please check the power saving settings (in the wireless driver of you client). There are clients that fall asleep between pings and therefore take a long time to bring the ping to the WLAN.

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN