Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purview Integration Wireless Controller 9.21

Purview Integration Wireless Controller 9.21

Michael_Kirchne
Contributor
Hi community,

has anyone integrated the wireless solution V 9.21 into Purview? I get the TopN Mirror up and running but I don't get netflow packets.

Netflow is configured in the section "VNS->Global->NetflowMirrorN"
There I configured the Mgmt IP of my Purview instance and choose esa1 as my L2 Mirror Port.

Any idea?

Best Regards
Michael
50 REPLIES 50

Just bumping this thread.

We have two EWCs, each on different hosts, running active/active, and I'm trying to figure out how to setup one Extreme Analytics (Purview) VM, where both controllers will forward their Netflow? We aren't licensed to use Vmware's distributed switch so we have to use standard switch. Has anyone done this before? or would it be best to setup a Analytics VM on each of VM hosts where my EWC sits, as EWC esa1 and Analytics eth1, need to sit on the same Standard vSwitch.

James, I am not a VMware design expert - but the ESA port would need to be sent out a specific VLAN, probably tagged in this case, so it can get to the other sides Purview appliance VM Eth1 port. The wireless controller cannot do a Gre tunnel like the PV-FC-180 and S-Series so you will need to work around that.
Others here may have more experience in the actual configuration from a Vswitch end.

How would I set up the vSwitch when I have two EWC VMs on different hosts in different server rooms?

Welcome to the Hub Community David. Really great to have you join us!

Thanks Mike! I created a seperate vSwitch and assigned eth1 and esa1 to the port group purview is running perfectly! Great thread thanks for the quick responce.

6629788ef7fa4ba28d6b45f8dabad0e0_RackMultipart20160405-100042-dwiv7-Capture_inline.png

GTM-P2G8KFN