Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purview Integration Wireless Controller 9.21

Purview Integration Wireless Controller 9.21

Michael_Kirchne
Contributor
Hi community,

has anyone integrated the wireless solution V 9.21 into Purview? I get the TopN Mirror up and running but I don't get netflow packets.

Netflow is configured in the section "VNS->Global->NetflowMirrorN"
There I configured the Mgmt IP of my Purview instance and choose esa1 as my L2 Mirror Port.

Any idea?

Best Regards
Michael
50 REPLIES 50

Purview will not be able to work with one interface.
It will need a eth0 and a eth1. And the ESA1 on wireless VM will need to attach to the ETH1 on the purview appliance. The wireless controllers do not support GRE interfaces, which is needed to run only one interface on the Purview appliance.
If in a purely VM environment, the ESA1 port and ETH1 ports will both need to be in a separate VSWITCH, in permiscous mode on both interfaces. Some unlicensed versions of VMWare do not support this.
This may not at all have been your issue from the controller side, but your topology does not sounds correct.

Luis_Mendes
Contributor
Yes... but i Have 2 c5210. And purview see the traffic but dont populate

AG1
Extreme Employee
We have worked with Luis Mendes via remote session and we believe we have identified the root cause. The Admin interface cannot be used as the source interface for netflow traffic. We have suggested to have the admin interface disabled and configure one of the available physical interfaces (esa0-3) for management of the controller and to be used as the source for the netflow traffic.

AG1
Extreme Employee
Hi Luis, please call us at the GTAC 0800-76-25397 at your earliest convenience for us to work on this issue. Thank you and have a great weekend.
GTM-P2G8KFN