cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the commands for the cli are not recognized by the AP505i

the commands for the cli are not recognized by the AP505i

david_c98
New Contributor
I have connected my ap505i through PoE, I have a communication by SSH but when using the commands it tells me that these commands were not found, the AP uses a WING 7.1.0 I have tried to update it by FTP but the update command does not recognize me .What you want to achieve is to configure the equipment to act as a Virtual controller mode and the other AP's of the same model to connect to the virtual controller.
c86cf726209c40beba9f48027a0b3993_5a8ca2e6-76dd-43a3-8c70-3aed8ea7c252.png

4 REPLIES 4

david_c98
New Contributor

thank you  Ovais.

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi David,

Since Flash is End of Life already, you won't be able to use the browser to log into the WiNG UI. We have provided our customers with a utility known as WiNG Manager, which can be downloaded from the following link if you have access to our support portal:

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrProductDetail?id=01t2T000002kZbAQAU

Simply install the application and log into the AP UI like you would normally do with a browser. 

Regards,

Ovais

david_c98
New Contributor

Thanks if the commands helped me but now I have the problem with Flash, will you know how to solve it?

c654585d73774deba7e864fcfa50a403_a2d66c0c-9c2d-4035-bf99-b73d5f73e3a3.png

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi David,

AP505 is a dual boot AP (it can run both identifi and WiNG distributed modes) and from the screenshot, it looks like your AP is in identifi mode. To convert it to WiNG/Distributed mode, use the following commands:

cset personality  distributed 

cset factory

AP will reboot and come back with distributed mode where you can configure it as a virtual controller.

Regards,

Ovais

GTM-P2G8KFN