cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VNS[] Cause[User changing subnet]

VNS[] Cause[User changing subnet]

thatch56
New Contributor
I have multiple devices that will not connect to our extreme wireless system. They act like they are trying to connect and then say that there was a problem connecting to the network. The client never actually gets connected according to the client side. This includes both windows and android devices for sure. Looking in the logs there is an entry fro de-registration VNS[networkname] Cause[User changing subnet] what would be the cause of this?

The model of APs: AP3935i-FCC
Wireless Controllers: C35
4 REPLIES 4

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Regarding "de-registration VNS[networkname] Cause[User changing subnet]" - it's in the station events log right - you get that message e.g. if a MU changes from one SSID to another = subnet change.

Are all APs in one building/area?
Is there only one topology/VLAN used for that SSID or more ?
What topology mode is used e.g. bridge@EWC, bridge@AP, routed?
On the same AP does one client work and another doesn't ?

Check one MU/client with the problem and make sure to delete all known WLANs and try to connect again.

You should also upgrade to the most current sw because 10.41.01 is from November 2017.

-Ron

thatch56
New Contributor

823bfdcaf3d04169bb0b3228d9672f04_c3093a7a-3fa4-4255-b358-e7751115adb1.jpg

thatch56
New Contributor
  • THe software version is: 10.41.01.0082
  • WPA-PSK WPA V.2 AES only
  • No NAC in use.
  • They may connect on the none but that is spotty.
  • New problem. Was working before. The only change that has been made that i could think that would be remotely related is a new DNS server.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Thatch,

please provide...
  • software version
  • what privacy/authentiction is used e.g. 802.1X, PSK, open none
  • is a NAC in use
  • does it work in a open/none WLAN
  • is that a new problem or new installation or was it working before... if so what was changed
Please provide a screenshot of the following window = GUI > Controller > VNS > WLAN Service > select affected WLAN service > privacy

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN