cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIreless clients get IPs from a wrong server (DHCP relay doesn't work on V2110)

WIreless clients get IPs from a wrong server (DHCP relay doesn't work on V2110)

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, everybody!

I have 4 Topologies at my V2110.

1) Management - I don't use it, 172.16.1.0/24

2) TopologyForAPs - I manage V2110 with it and this is where APs live, binded to VLAN 22. 192.168.40/23, through this Topology default routing works (GW 192.168.40.1)

3) V38 - its@EWC, binded to VLAN 38, IP range 10.10.32.0/19

4) V39 - its@EWC, binded to VLAN 39, IP range 10.11.32.0/21

The problem is when I connect to WLAN 38 or 39 I get IP from VLAN22. Bootprelay is configured on all switches. Everything is OK on server side, DHCP works. I can reach DHCP server from all EWC interfaces,

How could I solve this issue? I could provide all additional information required.

Many thanks in advance,

Ilya

180f8d55e3594646bfa15de0655a2beb_RackMultipart20170703-78078-1o2opy7-MyTops_inline.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Ilya

It depends on the switch your server is connected to, it would be something like:

show mac port x.y.z
or show fdb port

If the packets are coming from the wireless topologies into the switch, you should see which vlan the switch is learning the MAC.

If all the MACs are in the same vlan on the swithc, but learned in different topologies on the wireless side, then tagging is not working on your server.

-Gareth

Hi, Gareth,

I know the article "Hyper-V-fails-to-pass-VLAN-tags-on-a-bridge-at-controller-service" - it's OK with VLANs at the moment. All tagged traffic is passed to EWC.

Could you please this: "what vlan(s) do the macs get learned in?"

Now I will read the last article you have mentioned.

Thanks!

Hi Ilya

Did you follow this guide to make sure tagging is working? https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Hyper-V-fails-to-pass-VLAN-tags-on-a-bri...

On the switch to which your hyper-v server is connected, what vlan(s) do the macs get learned in?

This article might also help with understanding when/where to tag or not: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/When-and-where-do-I-need-to-tag-or-untag-vlan...

-Gareth

Hi, Bruce,

thank you!

I did everything as you said and there is no result.

Now the TopologyForAPs is Physical and traffic is untagged.

In both WLANs I still get IPs from VLAN22.

DHCP Server address is accessible from both Topology interfaces - V38 and V39. Bootprelay is enabled.

Any ideas?

I'm a lot less familiar with Hyper-V ... than I am Vmware ... but the concepts are all the same.

The port that you manage the controller through and that the APs register through needs to be type Physical and most probably untagged for VLAN 22 with the next hop defined as I mentioned previously in Routing Protocols (0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0, 192.168.40.1) and your B@EWC topologies for VLANs 38 and 39 would be tagged ... and the switch port that your controller connects to on the ethernet side would need to be untagged for VLAN 22 and tagged for both VLAN 38 and 39.

Hyper-V needs to be configured to facilitate passing all that traffic ... both untagged for VLAN 22 and tagged for VLANs 38 and 39 from the V2110 to the ethernet switch port the controller is connected to successfully maintaining tags for the traffic that require it and untagged for the traffic that doesn't.
GTM-P2G8KFN