cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS-AO-DX13025 Outdoor/WS-AP3825e Indoor Combination

WS-AO-DX13025 Outdoor/WS-AP3825e Indoor Combination

Roaming_24_7
New Contributor
I see that these are not specifically listed as compatible but would it be acceptable to combine a DX13025 with an 3825e AP? Are there any power or regulatory concerns I should be worried about? This would be used in an indoor hallway location that is about 30 feet long, 12 feet wide and 15 feet high. I would like to ensure I have high density coverage in this area.
Thank you for you input on this.
5 REPLIES 5

Roaming_24_7
New Contributor
Thank you for your response. This is exactly what i was looking for. One of my vendors was telling me it was ok to use them.

William_Aguilar
Extreme Employee
In the US (and all regulatory domains AFAIK) it is illegal to use an antenna / AP combination that has not been certified. With MIMO technology and differences in radio designs, testing the antenna / AP combinations to each allowable limit ensures that you have a compliant deployment. To your other question, the WS-AO-DX13025 was originally designed for outdoor service deployments...more specifically for stadium deployments. Traditionally, high-gain, tight service angle antennas are designed for point-to-point (backhaul) connections. We designed the WS-AO-DX13025 antenna with characteristics of backhaul antennas, but with a quick vertical drop for service. This allows for high-density designs where each antenna/AP combination can provide service to a specific section while minimizing co-channel interference with adjacent sections. We use the same type of design in indoor arenas, convention centers, lecture halls, etc but 13db gain created too much reflection in indoor spaces so we settled on a lower gain design to reduce the need of adding attenuators to the antenna indoor.

Hope this helps!

Will

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
They are not allowed on the AP - as they are not supported you can't even choose it in the GUI.
You are not allowed to exceed the EIRP in your region so even if the antenna has more gain you must reduce the tx power so you are not over the EIRP value.

The other thing is that the antenna has N-type connectors so even if you would use it you would need 6xpigtail from N to the connector on the AP3825e.
I assume that would be on the pricy site and you'll add more attenuation on the link => longer cable, another connection,

I think the 25degree sector should be fine for the 30 feet long hallway.

Roaming_24_7
New Contributor
Thank you for the reply Will. Out side of being 'certified' are there any other concerns with using this configuration? Are there any FCC or regulation issues? It looks like the outdoor antenna has twice the gain.
GTM-P2G8KFN