cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS-AP3865e Correct Position Installation on outdoor environment.

WS-AP3865e Correct Position Installation on outdoor environment.

Erik_Ramos
New Contributor
hello Extreme Community. I need your help. I am confused on how to physical install a WS-3865e WAP model.
I need to install on a container yard with tall hangar (15 meters tall) my question is what is the best way to install this 3865e if vertical or horizontal for correct signal propagation. I got antennas WS-AO-5DPIN3 and WS-AO- 2DPIN3 installed for these APs. I really appreciate your recomendation or a link to read and learn how to do it.

thank you so much.
3 REPLIES 3

Pascal_Lurquin
New Contributor II
Hi,
Because I don't see recommandations from other member, please find some infos from our experience 🙂
it seems to be too high: You have to look at the diagram of the antennas (distance, debit) Vertical polarization is always better than horizontal The best is to do a site survey ... Be aware of the electrical lines (saw on the first picture) Thanks Pascal

Erik_Ramos
New Contributor
Hello Ronald, thank you for answer. this is the way I have them installed..

282ce459e86e48bf9a928e1e909ee7ad_RackMultipart20171026-60510-1mvr0lx-3_inline.png

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

here a link to the installation guide...

http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/wireless/ap_guides/9034808-02_ws-ap3865e_installationguide....

I'd install the AP so the antennas are pointed up/down.

Also I'd make sure that the AP is installed not too high so he'd provide the best signals to the MUs > if all clients are located on the ground level it's not a good idea to install the AP on the hangar ceiling.

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN