Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCA Floorplan poor image quality

XCA Floorplan poor image quality

PeterK
Contributor III

Hi,

when we’re uploading good quality images into XCA / XCC as floorplan images, the Image quality in XCA is very poor.

It seems that the rendering is not working well and it feels like the displayed images in a thubnail.

Issue is seen in multiple installations.

We tried a detour via Ekahau, but this makes no difference.

Has someone seen this behavior too?

Any ideas for solving or workarounds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

according GTAC and development the maximal resolution is 1920x1080 pixels. If the picture is lager it will be resampled. This is the reason for the bad quality.

So we have to split the pictures.

Regards Stephan

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

I opened a case to clarify the bahavior.

Regards Stephan

PeterK
Contributor III

Hi Stephan,

no, I didn’t had time to do this yet.

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Peter,

I am faced with the same issue. My pictures looks good on the pc and i can zoom in with a good quality. In XCC the image quality is very poor.

Did you open a GTAC case?

Regards Stephan

PeterK
Contributor III

Hi Jason,

We’ve seen this behavior in different  installations / different versions of 4.56 & 4.76 tree and also on different platforms. Of course we checked with and without scale and boundary's… no difference.

We are able to zoom a bit, but than you have “xxl pixels” and it looks much uglier.

So I think it is a general issue.

I’m now on vacation. Maybe I will open a case after...

Jason1
Extreme Employee

Hello Peter, 

I am not aware of a similar issue being reported to us.  

Are the installations seeing this problem all running the same XCC version? 

instances that you have seen this and whether they are all running the same XCC version, with different floorplans? 
If the rendering looks like a thumbnail, are you able to zoom in on the plan, and does that improve anything? 

Has the scale on the floor plan been set to a known length and has a boundary been drawn? 

If setting the scale or boundary does not help, I would suggest opening a GTAC case with a copy of a tech support and a floor plan file that is known to render with poor quality. 

Thank you, 
Jason

GTM-P2G8KFN