cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.2r4 firmware causing AP650's to lose connectivity?

10.2r4 firmware causing AP650's to lose connectivity?

KevinP1
Contributor II

Okay, I don’t know what’s happening here but this isn’t looking pretty. All of our AP650’s are losing connectivity multiple times throughout the day. 

4336cc91e7f5466f8b03993c1836a4a3_68022dec-18cb-481a-a8c4-8b2ab219cab2.png

Look at this! Some AP’s will only do this once or twice and others are doing it often, like this ? There’s nothing indicating any type of error or issue. We didn’t have this problem on firmware 10.09rb.

I have a case open with GTAC, but are we the only ones seeing this issue?

113 REPLIES 113

Hans_SD44
New Contributor III

@Sam Pirok 

just submitted case 02327963 with tech data from an AP and a corresponding graph to show the memory dips.

8960af1d63204ced88af3fa149c71086_6cf387da-2355-4760-a9ea-3a10af2f437d.png

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@john_kern Yes please! If you could send those over to me at community@extremenetworks.com, I will pass them on to the team looking in to this. If you could also let me know your VIQ name (Global Settings> VIQ Management> Top line) that would help as well (sorry if I’ve already asked you for that, just want to make sure we get the right data aligned with the right account, can be tricky without a support case). 

KevinP1
Contributor II

@john_kern we had a client today disconnect right around the time of a memory dip in XIQ, but I wasn’t logging that AP. GTAC has me logging and capturing tons of data at this point, two AP’s are logging into a syslog now. I’m praying that teachers contact us immediately from those two rooms. I was told that there have been issues in the past with firmware not completely being cleared when doing firmware updates or reverting to a previous firmware. 

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I’m just wondering what the chances are that the client issues are completely separate from the Graph UI issue.

The issue I witnessed this week, client device also had a 169 address (AP cli showed client connected with ip of 0.0.0.0). Client couldn’t ping AP.

I don’t have conclusive testing but it was odd that a client wouldn’t connect no matter what (to an AP that other clients were having no issue with, but would connect no problem when bringing it to another building for troubleshooting. 

I do have wired and wireless pcaps of what I described above, but I’m a noob at making sence of them - @Sam Pirok  if you’re interested.

a_huerzeler
Contributor

@john_kern The disconnect is really brief but i get a message on the Apple TV that the internet connection is disconnected but it reconnects straight away so most of the times the video stream doesnt stop but i am sure it would affect a voice/video call.

On older APs 121 on customer sites we had problems that the clients would get .169 self assigned IPs after restoring older firmwares the issues were gone.

GTM-P2G8KFN