Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP230 ssh access

AP230 ssh access

moonshine
New Contributor

Hello,

I have a couple AP230 running hive with the same SSID, that I use for the local ssh cli access from a laptop.

After updating to any version past 10.0.6.0, the ssh stops functioning with log message “connection reset by peer”. After downgrade it goes back to normal.

Checked the config settings - ssh is enabled:

ssid  manage ssh  

hive manage ssh

interface manage ssh 

How to return the local cli ssh (not from the cloud) access in a newer firmwares? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, thanks for letting us know. We’re going to need to collect some logs to narrow down the issue here, would you be able to open a support case so we can keep all the data in one place? If you are able to open a case, it would help to have a couple tech data files from one AP, once from when the AP is on 10.0.6.0 or later, and once from when the AP is on an older firmware that doesn’t have this issue. If you could also get a screen shot of the error you’re seeing in the CLI, that would help as well. 

This guide reviews how to get tech data from an AP: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081084&q=tech%20data%20HiveOS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

moonshine
New Contributor

Good day Sam,

It turned out the problem was in the ssh client (Termius) I used . It refuses to connect to APs as I described above, but once I changed to default Mac Terminal it connected just as normal.

I registered in the new support system, but it takes time for approval. I emailed you the logs in case these are still needed.

Thank you for helping!

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, thanks for letting us know. We’re going to need to collect some logs to narrow down the issue here, would you be able to open a support case so we can keep all the data in one place? If you are able to open a case, it would help to have a couple tech data files from one AP, once from when the AP is on 10.0.6.0 or later, and once from when the AP is on an older firmware that doesn’t have this issue. If you could also get a screen shot of the error you’re seeing in the CLI, that would help as well. 

This guide reviews how to get tech data from an AP: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081084&q=tech%20data%20HiveOS

GTM-P2G8KFN