cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP230s (Aerohive) and Macbook Airs with M1 Chips

AP230s (Aerohive) and Macbook Airs with M1 Chips

jschaff
New Contributor II

Over the last couple of days, we have started running into some issues with our M1 Macbook Airs not connecting to AP230s that have the 2.4GHz channels turned off.  We have APs in every classroom and we turn off 2.4GHz in most rooms so that there is less co-channel interference.  The Macbook Airs are getting a self-assigned IP address when they connect to the 5GHz in the rooms with the 2.4GHz turned off.  They connect just fine to the 2.4GHz in the rooms that have the 2.4GHz turned on and they also connect just fine to the 5GHz when I take the computer to a room with an AP650.  Is this happening to anyone else or does anyone know what could be causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jschaff
New Contributor II

So I spent several hours on the phone with support yesterday and the only solution we came to was to configure a new switch port for the APs and move the patch cable to the new port.  The tech I worked with said the only option after that is an RMA. Moving the switch ports has been very effective for us so far.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

so what was the issue?  misconfigured port on the switch?  

musat
New Contributor

Has anyone come up with a "real" solution to this? As we are adding M1 MacBooks to the schools, this is becoming more of an issue for us. We are still a year or so away from being able to start replacing our AP230 access points, so that isn't an option. And playing Whack-A-Mole with moving access point ports isn't an actual solution, especially across several schools.

jschaff
New Contributor II

So I spent several hours on the phone with support yesterday and the only solution we came to was to configure a new switch port for the APs and move the patch cable to the new port.  The tech I worked with said the only option after that is an RMA. Moving the switch ports has been very effective for us so far.

adrian_stewart
New Contributor

Having the same issue. Any update/resolution to pass along?

GTM-P2G8KFN