cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP Failure WiFi AP5010

DHCP Failure WiFi AP5010

msmith22
New Contributor

We have about 195 AP5010's (10.6.4.0) deployed through 4 buildings. We have a mixture of older Macbook Air 2013's 2015's and 2020 models. We use 802.1x authentication for one SSID and WPA2 for another -- SSIDs are broadcasting 2.4,5,6GHz. We use a Windows DHCP server and Cisco switches. We have been noticing that our 2013 & 2015 Macbook Airs seem to have trouble connecting/staying connected. It always seems like it's failing at DHCP, per IQPilots dashboard. It does seem like if an older Mac is hits a DFS channel, it seems to always fail, but it's not consistent enough that I'm convinced that DFS is the problem. We have had this environment for about 5 months now - nothing really has changed and the issue is sort of just rearing it's head as of the last week or so. 

5 REPLIES 5

msmith22
New Contributor

We were starting to question min bit rate adjustments. I agree, it seems somethings changed but can't quite find out what that something could be.

Jan_Reister
Contributor

Is the 802.1X authentication successful?

Authentication is successful  - I see it succeed in the dashboard and in my RADIUS server

Check if the DHCP DISCOVER reaches the DHCP server, in this case it is a client issue.

In case no DISCOVER is received, capture the 4-way handshake of one client device and see where it fails.

GTM-P2G8KFN