cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Guest Essentials to separate clients based on authentication method

Using Guest Essentials to separate clients based on authentication method

hackert
New Contributor

I currently use Extreme Networks for my guest networks, but I would like to move to Guest Essentials.  Creating an "Accept Page' and granting access is simple enough, but I want more for my users.  Ideally, my splash screen would have multiple methods of joining, and depending on the route the end user took, it would change their level of access and duration on my network.

For example, I can leave a simple "Accept these Terms", for true guests that are OK with a 24 hour connection with maximum filtering.  But for staff personal devices, or guests that will be here longer, I would like them to actually authenticate (with Google preferably).  If you are willing to take that extra step, I keep you online for a week or two and because I can identify you, I will open my filter a bit more.

Is that possible with Guest Essentials?  Does anyone have any resources that would help me set this up?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

hackert
New Contributor

I should clarify.  I already have different VLANs with different lease times and different filters, I simply need the Google Authentication to work and a way  to guide users who sign-in to one VLAN and anonymous users to another.

Thanks again.

GTM-P2G8KFN