cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for AP230 6.1r6 and 6.4r1 firmware images

Looking for AP230 6.1r6 and 6.4r1 firmware images

DanG
New Contributor
I have some older AP230's that won't connect to ExtremeCloudIQ.  The event description says "The AP_230 with MAC address XXXX firmware upgraded from 6.1.5.0 to 6.4r1 is not supported. Please manually upgrade the device firmware to 6.1r6, and then reconnect."  Can someone please send me the instructions for downloading 6.1r6 and 6.4r1 firmware for the AP230?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Dan, thanks for reaching out. I've emailed you directly with instructions on how to get the firmware files you'll need for the AP 230. Just in general, devices using firmware versions older than 6.1r6, need to go to 6.1r6, and then 6.2r1. After that, you can update to any later version directly. Also, devices need to be using 6.5r3 or later in order for ExtremeCloud IQ to manage them. Just some things to keep in mind. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DanG
New Contributor
Thank you Sam for sending the firmware images I needed.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Dan, thanks for reaching out. I've emailed you directly with instructions on how to get the firmware files you'll need for the AP 230. Just in general, devices using firmware versions older than 6.1r6, need to go to 6.1r6, and then 6.2r1. After that, you can update to any later version directly. Also, devices need to be using 6.5r3 or later in order for ExtremeCloud IQ to manage them. Just some things to keep in mind. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

I'm having same problem can you send me the same email?

GTM-P2G8KFN