cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Phone calling over IP and texting issues

Mobile Phone calling over IP and texting issues

DavidK2
New Contributor
Having issues I believe is related to delayed roaming from one AP to another. With much testing and working with support the issue seems to only effecting initial dial over wifi for calls made from ios and android phones and texting. All stationary devices that have not been on the move for at least 10 minutes have settled on an AP and work properly. Adjusted radio profiles and policy settings trying to optimize performance and has help mildly. have adjusted radios and rates config 2.4 NA everything under 11 basic and 5ghz NA under 12 basic. Turned down 2.4 power but all devices are connecting 5ghz and this is a large facility surrounded by corn fields for no interference issues. Have tried weak signal probe suppression and safety net enable/disable. Just really boils down to i can start walking from my office with any phone and try to make a call or text and messages spin trying to send and no dial tone. If I stop under and access point and resend for up to a couple minutes or try to call same effect. Sometimes i stand there a solid 10 minutes and get it to work finally or turn off wifi and back on then attach to the closets AP and works. For all staff on the move this is really unacceptable and I have hit a point with extreme support kind of like we don't know what else to try so anyone's experience is very much appreciated. Thanks!!
3 REPLIES 3

DavidK2
New Contributor
Is the answer to this to turn on voice enterprise or enable 802.11r or K?
Oi6NXYokQJ2FjV3bX83G_wpa2 ppsk.jpeg
STW6idvkQai8ZPLe40Wb_voice.jpeg

Looking like the forum is as much help as support. Anyone out there experiencing issues similar or have any thoughts?

I don't know what the real topic is all about but it seems to be some building that you can see here and maybe would like to know this now as read more info will help you in knowing about stuff that was always there for us to go for a better enough reason later PrepaidGiftBalance

GTM-P2G8KFN