Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NPS Server setup - attribute number of user profile

NPS Server setup - attribute number of user profile

npsisalright
New Contributor II

On page 5 of the following document to set up NPS server with areohive:

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/guides/EAP-TLS_NPS_RADIUS_Server.pdf

It is asking for a “attribute number”. However extreme networks cloud does not have this settings on the user profile section. The user profile appears to have no attribute number.

I see this post, 

Which indicates that if you select “Apply a different user profile to various clients and user groups.” you can then add attribute numbers to the profiles. 

So am i right in assuming if i only want one wireless profile to apply to this SSID, i can omit this RADIUS attribute ( Tunnel-Pvt-Group-ID:  ) in the NPS server and it will just use the default one?

i’m going to try it that way now. Thanks for the document, even though its from 2016 i find most of it still applies. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

npsisalright
New Contributor II

Thanks for that. I got it all sorted out today i think.

Sure enough, i didnt need any of the radius attributes, because aerohive is handling the vlan stuff. So i was able to omit all those properties. seems to work with no radius attributes at all.

if anyone else needs to do this as well, other important parts not covered in the guide are:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

npsisalright
New Contributor II

Thanks for that. I got it all sorted out today i think.

Sure enough, i didnt need any of the radius attributes, because aerohive is handling the vlan stuff. So i was able to omit all those properties. seems to work with no radius attributes at all.

if anyone else needs to do this as well, other important parts not covered in the guide are:

shane_sanderson
New Contributor II

Correct, If you are only applying one VLAN to the SSID then all users that have authenticated correctly will default to this VLAN.

Attribute returns from an NPS are only utilised if you are putting different users into different user profiles ie: in a school Staff/Students could be split

GTM-P2G8KFN