Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Auto Provisioning

Question about Auto Provisioning

Plato-WiFi
New Contributor
Hi All,

I use AP templates in CloudIQ to use specific port config on the ap like SNMP for example.
Now i like to use auto-provisioning so that aps that come online are matched to the network policy, getting country code and the correct location. 

But in the documentation i read the following:
  • When AP device templates (described in "AP Device Template Settings" and auto-provisioning rules are both in place when the AP is onboarded, the auto-provisioning rules are applied and the AP device template is ignored.

In the AP templates i dont have these option that i like to automatic configure. Is there a way to use best of both? Or is just a part of the AP device template ignored when i use auto provisioning?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi there, when you use both auto-provisioning rules and device template settings the only time device template settings wouldn't be used would be if there is a conflicting rule in the auto-provisioning rules, in which case the auto-provisioning rule would take precedence over the device template rules. Otherwise both will be applied. Does that answer your question?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi there, when you use both auto-provisioning rules and device template settings the only time device template settings wouldn't be used would be if there is a conflicting rule in the auto-provisioning rules, in which case the auto-provisioning rule would take precedence over the device template rules. Otherwise both will be applied. Does that answer your question?
GTM-P2G8KFN