Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some apps on android devices are not responding AP130

Some apps on android devices are not responding AP130

RalphR
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

I installed 2 AP130's at my parents home.
It's a very basic setup with a router from the ISP. (Experia Box)

I'm using the DHCP from the ISP router.
I tried the DNS from Aerohive by default setting, also with the IP adress from my router and google.

On my laptop and iPhone is everything going well.
My parents are using an Samsung Android phone, 50% of the apps are not loading when they are connected to the Wifi.

Does anybody know the solution?
When I do a tracert to google.com with my laptop, he is using Ipv6 by default, maybe that's the problem?
How can I solve it?

5 REPLIES 5

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Ralph, if you're using the ISP DHCP, we won't be able to alter the type of IP address their devices are getting. I've never heard of IPv6 causing apps to fail though (doesn't mean it isn't happening, just that I personally haven't come across that yet). To really help you with this we'd need to dig in to the traffic being sent during these failures. That would likely need to be a packet capture, and to dig in to that we'd need to open a support case. 

That said, I do have a few questions that might help narrow things down- Are there any commonalities with the apps that aren't loading? I know this is pretty basic, but off the top of my head I might try checking for updates to the apps or uninstalling and reinstalling the apps if you haven't already, just to be sure it isn't an issue with the phone itself. You said the apps won't load on wifi, if you turn the wifi off and go to data, do the same apps load right away? Do they have issues with the apps on any other wireless network?
GTM-P2G8KFN