cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VGVA setup questions

VGVA setup questions

Sami117
New Contributor

I have a client i am setting up VGVA for, they have an issue in regards to how VGVA works since their previous product did things differently.

one of the things they are worried about is basically described here in this post: https://community.extremenetworks.com/t5/extremecloud-iq/vgva-most-secure-configuration/m-p/72129

Currently there is no reply and i would like to also know the most secure setup for the VGVA.

Secondly is what ports and IPs/DNS-Names does the VGVA require in order to be able to connect to Cloud IQ?

As i cannot find any resources or information on this topic.

Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Sami

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wwillingham
New Contributor III

VGVA requires same IPs and ports as any other Aerohive/Extreme AP to connect to XIQ.

But, your VPN endpoints will need UDP 500 and UDP 4500 open to the VGVA to establish the tunnels.

You can search for "Aerohive Branch Routing" or "Aerohive CVG" to find more documentation.  This is the origin of VGVA.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

wwillingham
New Contributor III

VGVA requires same IPs and ports as any other Aerohive/Extreme AP to connect to XIQ.

But, your VPN endpoints will need UDP 500 and UDP 4500 open to the VGVA to establish the tunnels.

You can search for "Aerohive Branch Routing" or "Aerohive CVG" to find more documentation.  This is the origin of VGVA.

GTM-P2G8KFN