cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 Error after upgrading AP4532 from WiNG 5.5 to 5.7

404 Error after upgrading AP4532 from WiNG 5.5 to 5.7

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
For testing of newer WiNG platform, removed 3 AP's from production (5.5) and factory reset them. Then updated one to 5.7, thinking I'd make it a controller and test with the other two (4522). After the upgrade, when I try to hit the web interface to set it up - I simply get a 404 error on https. Any thoughts? Did I break the internet?
12 REPLIES 12

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hi Eric,

If you upgraded the APs via a controller without having loaded the full image onto the controller first then yes you might have upgraded the AP with a LEAN image. The solution is very simple, download and load a full image on the APs directly. Those are available for all. You should be able to upgrade to the latest firmware and have Web UI access without a doubt.

1. Revert back the previous firmware version (with GUI access)
  2. Download the firmware for the APs in question
  3. Configure the virtual controller AP and adopt the other APs
  4. Upgrade the virtual controller to the latest firmware version from GUI (not CLI). Only use TFTP or FTP. Make sure you have GUI access. Wait a bit to see if the other APs will start upgrading. If nothing happens upgrade the virtual controller again from GUI using the exact same steps. The other APs should start upgrading.
If you'd like to upgrade them one at a time then you can do this from CLI:

How to upgrade a WiNG controller or AP from CLI

Regards,

Chris
Christoph S.

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
Unfortunately, no love there. Also tried it on a 4522 (original was a 4532) and it did the same thing. 4522 has a console port, so I tried to factory that unit and it came up the same way (404). Looks like this is some type of "thin" image that does not have the UI components. Almost like you "have to" have a standalone controller instead of allowing an AP to act as one. Very annoying.

Vedran_Jurak
New Contributor II
I had the same issue last week with an AP7522 after upgrading it from 5.8.6 to 5.9.0. Factory reset via the console solved it.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Eric,

If this is happening on the 3 APs you upgraded, and it's not a browser issue, is it possible that you used a lean image (no Web UI access) for the upgrade?

Can you still SSH or console into them?

If so, try to run the commands listed in this article to see if they help: AP6511/AP6521/AP6532/AP621/AP650 Unable to Access GUI

Regards,

Chris

Christoph S.

BigRic
New Contributor III
Actually, looks like reverting to the prior image via CLI worked okay. Not sure if there will be any long term issues, but it seems to be okay right now. Guessing I'm going to have to stay with this build...
GTM-P2G8KFN