Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate software Primary , version NONE

Alternate software Primary , version NONE

Fabrice974
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with a AP7522. I would like to upgrade my firmware but i always get ERR from tftp. I have seen that : Alternate software Primary , version NONE > I think it’s because of that, that i can’t upgrade my secondary FW (like a crash protection i guess). Is there anyway to repair Primary crashed software ?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Fabrice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Fabrice,

• check the time/date on your AP and make sure it’s correct. 

#show clock

• Attempt an upgrade to let’s say 5.9.1.5 first. If this works, proceed to 5.9.7. Try FTP as well. 

If above fail to resolve issue » RMA. 

Thank you,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Fabrice,

• check the time/date on your AP and make sure it’s correct. 

#show clock

• Attempt an upgrade to let’s say 5.9.1.5 first. If this works, proceed to 5.9.7. Try FTP as well. 

If above fail to resolve issue » RMA. 

Thank you,

Christoph S.

Fabrice974
New Contributor

Hello Christophe,

Thank for your replies. I’ve tried to upgrade my firmware from 5.9.1.2-006R to 5.9.7.0-011R. When i use “show boot command”, here what i get : 

• Primary build date 01/01/1970 00:00:00 install date 01/01/1970 00:00:00 unknow
  • Secondary build date 11/21/2017 05:22:18 install date 01/01/2017 00:16:01 5.9.1.2-006R

I haven’t tried with FTP only tftp (that works great with other one). I think the primary partition is corrupt but i’m not sure….is there anything else i can try ?

Thank you,

Fabrice.

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

Hello Fabrice,

What version is the secondary partition running and what version are you trying to upgrade the primary partition to? 

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Fabrice,

what are you upgrading from and to?

When you run  the command: #show boot, what do you see?

Have you tried FTP?

If one of the partitions is corrupt, there is not much that can be done and the unit may need to be RMA’d. 

Thank you,

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN