cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP 6532 wont adapt to RFS6000

AP 6532 wont adapt to RFS6000

Perimeterwatch
New Contributor
I purchased a used AP6532 online. IT just arrived today and I plugged it directly into the RFS 6000 to adapt it and give it the necessary configuration. However, once I plugged it in, nothing new popped up in the controller's GUI. The lights on the AP are flashing both amber and green. How should I proceed to get this operating properly?

Thanks in advance.
15 REPLIES 15

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
This version is the problem, even if you plug it directly into the controller it will not do anything about it.

You will have to manually upgrade it to either of these versions first:

5.2.13 or 5.4.x then if the 5.9.1.1 image for this AP is already on the controller, it should automatically upgrade it to same once connected and if autoupgrade is enabled. Or you can manually take it to 5.2.13 then 5.9.1.1 and plug it in for adoption.
Christoph S.

Perimeterwatch
New Contributor
Ok, Ive reset it with the discovery tool. The AP is on version 5.3.0.0-088R and the RFS is on version 5.9.1.1-009R. How should I proceed?

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Let me know if the tool works.

Thanks,
Christoph S.

Perimeterwatch
New Contributor

I am not sure how to provide that information. It does not have a console port and I do not know how to check the IP address that it has. The link you gave to factory reset the device also requested that I connect to it via its IP address

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
You haven't provided us with any information on the AP6532

1 - Are you able to ping it?
2 - Are you able to log into it?
3 - Has it pulled a DHCP IP address from DHCP server?
4 - Any idea what firmware version it's on?
5 - Was it supposed to be reset back to factory default when you purchased it?

There have been many instances were users have locked themselves out of these APs and they have become unreachable. You might have fallen on one of those. Due to the lack of console port, you will need to use our discovery tool to try and find it. If the discovery tool does not detect it and you are not able to reach it, then it will have to be RMA'd.
Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN