cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP adoption issue

AP adoption issue

Warlock26
New Contributor II

Adoption status for AP is changing  in VX-9000 controller frequently .As basic troubleshooting i have checked the gateway ,RF domain and profile of each AP associated with the controller and everything seems same for all the AP but i don't know why its adopting for 20 to 30 minutes after that  it is getting not adopted to controller

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Warlock,

Just to add, as I have been struggling with that recently. Two most common cases I had:

• Are the APs behind some VPN, MPLS? Check MTU then.
  • APs can also get adopted/unadopted all the time when they receive the config that makes them unable to keep MINT visibility with the controller - they decide to rollback, thus are able to adopt again…

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Warlock,

Just to add, as I have been struggling with that recently. Two most common cases I had:

• Are the APs behind some VPN, MPLS? Check MTU then.
  • APs can also get adopted/unadopted all the time when they receive the config that makes them unable to keep MINT visibility with the controller - they decide to rollback, thus are able to adopt again…

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

ckelly
Extreme Employee

On the controller, run this command:

show adoption history on <AP that is having the issue>

Look through the EVENT column for events marked as “un-adopted” and then look at the corresponding REASON column to see why the AP became un-adopted.

GTM-P2G8KFN