cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP310 default login

AP310 default login

Sethg103
New Contributor

I just got an AP310 out of the box new. What is the default username and password to console into it? I've tried admin admin, admin password, and those don't seem to work is there a different default username and password?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Seth,

To access an AP310 right out of the box you should use the following credentials: admin/admin123. The AP will boot up into discovery mode but if you already have WiNG equipment running at that site, this AP should automatically switch to WiNG OS. 

If you encounter a situation whereas the AP for some reason got into centralized mode, please follow this link for steps to revert it back to WiNG: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000077265

Thank you

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ahmadma
New Contributor

hello all,

How to enable the VC on the AP310  and go into the Site Survey Mode to be able to configure the AP (SSID, Power, Channel).

Thanks,

Ahmadma

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Seth,

To access an AP310 right out of the box you should use the following credentials: admin/admin123. The AP will boot up into discovery mode but if you already have WiNG equipment running at that site, this AP should automatically switch to WiNG OS. 

If you encounter a situation whereas the AP for some reason got into centralized mode, please follow this link for steps to revert it back to WiNG: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000077265

Thank you

Christoph S.

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Seth,

Log into the AP via console, use WiNG OS credentials i.e. admin/admin123, the discovery shell provides a very simple intrface that allows functional override of the discovery process. Type “s” to force the AP to boot into Standalone/WiNG distributed mode.

You can then log back in as you would normally do.

Regards,

Ovais

Sethg103
New Contributor

There is but this access point is at a different building than the controller. The controller and this AP are on different broadcast networks so I need to console into the access point and tell it where the controller is at then it will get that image. I'll try out that login information tomorrow morning. 

GTM-P2G8KFN