Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP7522 CAN'T OPEN GUI

AP7522 CAN'T OPEN GUI

Osama
New Contributor II
Hi guys,

I have an AP 7522 and I can't seem to load the GUI. When I open the webpage on the browser it gives an ERROR 404 NOT FOUND. The CLI is working fine and the AP is on WiNG 5.9.0.

Any suggestions?
19 REPLIES 19

JBoze
New Contributor

This is not true! I know of 4 7522's, right out of the box that apparently have the lean image! I'm looking at 2 of them right now!

Anyone know how to download firmware? I can't believe you have to "request access" to download firmware for a product you purchased! The "request access" is not working, and it also says that my S/N for my brand new AP7522 is not recognized.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi @JBoze , If the AP7522 I see in your GTAC case is the same serial number you're having trouble with, then it looks like the asset is mapped to the incorrect account. If you'll PM me the serial number I'll ask someone to take a look so we can make sure your contracts and assets are in the right place.

When I login to the portal as you, I don't see any assets: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrAssetLanding
I believe this is why you're being prompted to request access.

Bin
Extreme Employee
Kindly add one nice article from our KCS about this issue.

Why AP responds with 404 server error when accessing WebGUI after upgrade to WiNG 5.9?
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Why-AP-responds-with-404-server-error-when-ac...

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee
Per Alona's comment above, access the AP CLI (SSH and/or serial connection), enter show adoption history

If the AP had been previously adopted, the following is an example output of the above command from an AP7522 that had been adopted to an RFS4000:

AP7522>sh adop his
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAC TYPE EVENT TIME-STAMP REASON
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
00-23-68-22-A4-1A RFS4000 un-adopted 2018-02-28 16:24:39 Adopter 68.22.A4.1A is no longer reachable
00-23-68-22-A4-1A RFS4000 un-adopted 2018-02-27 16:09:24 Adopter 68.22.A4.1A is no longer reachable

Alona
Extreme Employee
New devices out of manufacturing cannot come with lean image installed as manufaturing is using dd image to burn the nand and dd images don't have lean version at all. If AP was at any point adopted to the controller - controller will push the lean image to the AP as controllers only have embedded AP images. Whether or not AP was adopted ever - can be seen from history.
GTM-P2G8KFN