cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP7532 Client Bridge Not connecting to host

AP7532 Client Bridge Not connecting to host

Aaron_Becker
New Contributor II
I have 2 AP7532s and I'm trying to set up the 2nd to connect to an existing WiFi network. Ultimately, the 2nd 7532 would connect to a completely different WiFi network not associated with a 7532 (though it could be, I suppose).

The 2nd 7532 is not connecting to the original wifi network. I have Radio2 in bridge mode, with the SSID and PSK entered, but the radio does not show that it is connected and the host does not show the 2nd AP as a client. What critical step am I missing?
19 REPLIES 19

Aaron_Becker
New Contributor II
It ended up being a bit more complicated... regrettably. By that point, I had changed a ton of settings related to other stuff and wanted to start with a fresh config, so that's what I did.

After that, it still wasn't working as i hoped. I then set up an old 7131 on a different WLAN and SSID so i could test without disrupting production stuff. I did find that link you posted above to be slightly helpful in leading down the path, ultimately I found with the 7131 and 7532 (or 2x 7532) the "jumping" as I suspect was the issue. I'm a huge amateur at this and someone may come along with better explanations.

On the "receiving" AP - I went into the radio2 interface (config t, profile ap7532 profilename, in radio2) and did as the above article said.

Under "rfdomain" and basic tab - I also unchecked dynamic channel - but I don't know for sure this was or wasn't causing issues, but that's how I have it configured as it stands now. I made this change on both APs.

I noticed the first night I tested the bridge it kept its connection all night long - now it seems to be maxing out at around 1-2 hours (when I run a show wireless bridge stat). I haven't tested anything in production. The main thing I'm trying to test here is connectivity to multiple host APs, so I hope to transition this back into production side eventually.

Hopefully my rambles weren't too much to digest - let me know if I can be of any help as I t-shoot this as an ongoing experiment!

Aaron_Wright
New Contributor
Can you share some details regarding what you changed specifically? I'm having the same problem as you but I can't get it working.

I've tried specifying a channel list for 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I've tried removing them completely too.

Did you use the fix from this page?
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/AP7522-Client-Bridge-not-able-to-making-...

Aaron_Becker
New Contributor II
I poked around a little bit, there must have been some misconfiguration with the channels allowed. I matched the configs between the two APs regarding this and things seem to be connected. I'm sure I'll have to routing issues next, but that's beyond the scope of this thread. Thanks for the help, Chris!

ckelly
Extreme Employee
If in the CLI, just run:
# show running-config (before posting, edit out your PSK if it's in clear-text)

or in the UI, goto the Dashboard and expand the tree until you see the AP icon. Click on the chevron to the right of the AP name and you should see an option for 'Show running-config'. This will open a new small window. In that window, you can just highlight the config and copy it.

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Okay...so this leads us closer to the problem.
You can see there in the ouput that there are 0 candidate APs. These 'candidate APs' are APs that the bridge can see and potentially connect to.

So either the SSID that you configured isn't being used by any of your APs around the bridge...or if it is, then the signal strength is so weak that it cannot see them.
GTM-P2G8KFN