cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP7562 Orientation - Radio 1 up or down?

AP7562 Orientation - Radio 1 up or down?

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
In the prior Motorola version of this AP, I believe there was some reason for mounting the radios in a specific fashion (R1 up/down versus R2 up/down). It may have been that you could only assign certain frequencies to a given radio and that they were somehow biased. Does anyone know if this is an issue today? Does it matter which side is up on an outdoor 7562 using the standard outdoor dipole antennas?
15 REPLIES 15

Daniel_Mejia
Extreme Employee
Hello Eric,

Please refer to the AP7562 installation guide (link below) for antenna mounting guidelines on page 17.
http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/ExtremeWireless/AP7562_IG_MN-002759-01_REVA_EN.pdf

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Hi Eric,

as far as I know this is not valid anymore.
Based on used chipset we can also share connectors for both radios (i.e. AP7522 / 7532)

For outdoor APs i.e. AP7562 the mouting shall follow installation guide in order to maintain correct cabling etc. The important thing here is "the gore vent" which shall point ideally down to the ground.
You can see more here in installation guide

Regards,
Ondrej

Well,

somebody did already 🙂

b98f15fbbd7e4f02bde748e73d2dad5d_RackMultipart20171025-77866-1s3r4ky-answered_inline.png

Every day something new to learn...

Thank you all

AFAIK only a moderator could change the status.

Silly question, where is the option to mark the thread as "answered"? I don't see it anywhere...
GTM-P2G8KFN