cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Use 2.4 Ghz in both Radios for AP7632?

Can I Use 2.4 Ghz in both Radios for AP7632?

mario123na
New Contributor

Hi everybody

I want to configure 2.4 Ghz in both radios, radio 1 and radio 2, I want not use 5Ghz on radio 2 how it is by default in the configuration, because the environment where the AP7632 will be used is not suitable for 5 Ghz, I suppose that in two different 2.4Ghz channels, 1 and 6 or 6 and 11 or 1 and 11.

2 REPLIES 2

redgreen
New Contributor

I have been wondering the same sort of thing for some time, but using 5GHz on both radios.

Sadly neither is possible with WiNG access points. According to some radio techies i consulted, there’d be too much interference if two radios were using the same antennas on the same band & the throughput would drop dramatically…

Nice idea though, and the new 802.11ax access points AP510 for example, can do dual 5GHz radios, so I guess they have found a way to not interfere with each other...I have yet to try one but the idea is great though.

silmic05
New Contributor

I am not in the office right now to test it on a device. But regarding to the datasheet it has no dual 2.4GHz functionality. Moreover I wouldn’t recommend it to setup two 2.4GHz radios on one AP?

https://www.extremenetworks.com/product/wing-ap-7632/

GTM-P2G8KFN