cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we create multiples vlans for one single SSID. If yes please let me know the steps???

Can we create multiples vlans for one single SSID. If yes please let me know the steps???

Srinivas_K1
New Contributor
In wing access points can we create multiple VLANS for one single SSID, if its possible please let us know the steps or if any documents available??
6 REPLIES 6

Srinivas_K1
New Contributor
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply..

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Srinivas,

The AP's are connected to switches, so the same vlans already configured on the APs should also be allowed through those switches.

1 - Vlans allowed through AP ge 1 port which you did by setting it as trunk and allowing the vlans through
2 - Same vlans should be configured to allow traffic on the switches the APs are connected to.

AP ge1 trunk allowed vlans 1,2,3,4 <----------> switch allowed vlan 1,2,3,4

I hope this helps,

Chris
Christoph S.

Srinivas_K1
New Contributor
Hi Chris,

I have create ge1 as Trunk port and allowed both the vlans but I didn't understood your second statement
"Also make sure that both vlans are allowed through the switchport the AP/s is/are connected to"
plz let us know the next step..

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Srinivas,

First place to look would be the ge 1 interface. Check to make sure it's designated as trunk and that both vlans are allowed out. Also make sure that both vlans are allowed through the switchport the AP/s is/are connected to.

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN