Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captive portal options in WiNG v5.9

Captive portal options in WiNG v5.9

Niyas
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have VX9000 controller and extreme AP 7502, I have created 4 SSIDs(Students, Admin, Teachers, Guest)in the controller. I need to access the internet through created SSIDs.what are the steps needed to access the internet through created SSIDs?

Thanks
Niyas P
27 REPLIES 27

Niyas
New Contributor III
Hi Nuno,

I have configured my dada VLAN 18 throughout the network including router, core switch and edge switch.i have doubt in controller side, how to enable data VLAN 18 in controller side?

Thank you

Nuno_Rocha
Extreme Employee
Niyas, in your case you have 2 options, but first remember that the VX9k does not terminate tunnels for Client data.
1 st option
you extend your vlans from the AP up to the internet router, and you configure NAT and ACL on the router plus Roles on the AP's to secure everything
2 nd option
you get vlan 18 to the AP configure NAT and Roles on the APs.

as for your voice vlan you can just create a new SSID voice VoIP and extend the vlan 17 to the AP and configure QOS for it.

Hope this helps

Niyas
New Contributor III
Hi Wei,

I have one doubt, I have voice VLAN 17, I need to access it through access point FE1 or FE2 port. Any configuration needed in controller side?

Thank you

Niyas
New Contributor III
Hi Wei,

How to configure GE port in controller?

Thank you

Niyas
New Contributor III
Hi Wei,

I have data VLAN 18 (internet access) and is tagged to an Extreme switch port, then I have connected VX9000 controller to that port.what are the configuration needed in controller side to access the internet?

Thanks
Niyas P
GTM-P2G8KFN