Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captive portal options in WiNG v5.9

Captive portal options in WiNG v5.9

Niyas
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have VX9000 controller and extreme AP 7502, I have created 4 SSIDs(Students, Admin, Teachers, Guest)in the controller. I need to access the internet through created SSIDs.what are the steps needed to access the internet through created SSIDs?

Thanks
Niyas P
27 REPLIES 27

Hi Niyas,

Good day,

In your controller ge port, you will need to allow vlan 18 to go through, and for other vlan that you create for SSID (vlan 22,24,33, and 34) you will need to use NAT to vlan 18 to enable them access to internet.

Thank you

Wei_Liang_Loh
Extreme Employee
Hi Niyas,

Can I check with you which vlan that able to access internet now?
Appreciate if you can explain in details on what issue that you facing now.(client unable to connect SSID, etc)

Thank you

Niyas
New Contributor III
Hi Wei,

I mean, I need to access the internet through all created SSIDs with a security password and some SSIDs have limited bandwidth.

Thanks
Niyas

Wei_Liang_Loh
Extreme Employee
Hi Niyas,

Basically you want vlan that you created able to access internet, let me know if I am getting it wrong.
You will have a vlan that able to access internet (example, vlan 1)
And you have few vlan that you create for new SSID (vlan 22, 24) which is unable to access internet.
You will need to NAT your vlan 22 to vlan 1 using the guide shown.

Thank you

Niyas
New Contributor III
Hi Wei,

Actually, our network is VLAN based with one VX9000 controller and around 60 APs.we have 4 SSIDs with different VLAN. For testing purpose now I have deployed one AP7502 to the controller and created 4 WLAN in the controller. i need to access the internet through created SSIDs.

Thanks
Niyas P
GTM-P2G8KFN