cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change primary IP address of AP301e

Change primary IP address of AP301e

sropiak
New Contributor

Running the current release of Wing Manager and having trouble finding where I can change the primary IP address of the device.  We’re moving all the access points to a different subnet and need to get these changed.  Thanks to all who reply.

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Steve,

SSH into the AP and run the following command:

#show ip int br

for all AP IP addresses:

From Controller run the following command:

#show wireless ap

Or

#show wireless ap on <rf-domain-name>

From GUI:

A - On controller:

Go to Statistics » Expand System » Expand RF-domain » Select AP » Health » Primary IP

B - Go to Statistics » Expand System » Expand RF-domain » Select the controller » Adoption » Adopted Devices » Click on Device Name » Health » Primary IP

Or if the IP is already statically assigned:

C - Go to Configuration » Devices » Device Configuration » Select AP » Edit » Interface » Virtual Interface » Select Native Vlan » IPV4

I hope this helps

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

When  you made the change from GUI did you click on OK first then Commit and Save or did you click on Commit and Save without clicking on OK first?

Please provide screen shot of what you mean by bridge IP. 

From SSH please run command: #show IP int br and let me know which IP it is that you would like to change

Christoph S.

sropiak
New Contributor

For some reason  the change I made didn’t stick.  Looks like its SSH.  So, I see the bridge IP, what’s the command to change it?

sropiak
New Contributor

Browser interface says I need Flash.  Flash is dead.  Distributor said to use the Wing utility.  Why doesn’t that let me do this?

Update:  Found it in the Wing utility.  SSH helped point me to the VLAN section under devices.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Steve,

SSH into the AP and run the following command:

#show ip int br

for all AP IP addresses:

From Controller run the following command:

#show wireless ap

Or

#show wireless ap on <rf-domain-name>

From GUI:

A - On controller:

Go to Statistics » Expand System » Expand RF-domain » Select AP » Health » Primary IP

B - Go to Statistics » Expand System » Expand RF-domain » Select the controller » Adoption » Adopted Devices » Click on Device Name » Health » Primary IP

Or if the IP is already statically assigned:

C - Go to Configuration » Devices » Device Configuration » Select AP » Edit » Interface » Virtual Interface » Select Native Vlan » IPV4

I hope this helps

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN