cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

%DAEMON-1-ALERT: init: process '/usr/sbin/rim -d' (pid 502) exited. Scheduling for restart.

%DAEMON-1-ALERT: init: process '/usr/sbin/rim -d' (pid 502) exited. Scheduling for restart.

Aviv_Kedem
Contributor

Hello guys,

Site running VC with AP7532 5.9.4.1 with repeated messages: %DAEMON-1-ALERT: init: process '/usr/sbin/rim -d' (pid 502) exited. Scheduling for restart.

There is well known bug in this firmware version?

Thanks

Aviv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Aviv, looking through the 5.9.4.1 through 5.9.6 release notes, I’m not seeing any bugs that were either marked as ‘fixed’ or as ‘known issues’ - that match this error message.  This is likely an unknown issue and should be reported to GTAC. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Aviv_Kedem
Contributor

Hello,

This topic is not solved.

Please provide some recommendations .

Thanks

Aviv

Aviv_Kedem
Contributor

Hello Chris,

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks

Aviv

Aviv_Kedem
Contributor

Hello Chris,

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks

Aviv

Seban
New Contributor

In my case it’s an AP7522 version 5.8.4.0-03R causing problems.

I contacted GTAC, sent them my log and received this answer:

I am contacting you in regards to Extreme support case 01979225. AP7522 in a boot loop. Based on your description of the issue it appears that the issue is hardware related and will need RMA. You can try rebooting the device and see if you can get to a login prompt, if the AP does not boot to a login prompt then it is definitely hardware related.”

Well, no login prompt at all in my case, so I guess I will have to send the AP for repair.

GTM-P2G8KFN