cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download CLI Proxy as I am using a very old Extreme Switch - Summit X450a-24t

download CLI Proxy as I am using a very old Extreme Switch - Summit X450a-24t

yang_toon_Wu
New Contributor II
I need to download CLI Proxy as I am using a very old Extreme Switch - Summit X450a-24t.
When i login to GUI interface of the switch, and I want to access the CLI shell, it prompted that I need to download CLI proxy. However, i am unable to find any download link to it.
10 REPLIES 10

yang_toon_Wu
New Contributor II
Hi Daniel,

I've installed with Start on Bootup (checked and CLI Proxy services is running).
Exited and reload Screenplay but still have the error prompt of asking me to download CLI proxy

dflouret
Extreme Employee
CLI proxy has to be installed in the same PC that uses ScreenPlay .

When you install CLI proxy, make sure that Install Service "CLI Proxy" and Start on bootup are checked.

0d966ceba75c4f5dba1164c1e45d105f_16918-1kebf8f_inline.png

After installing CLI proxy, make sure the service is started.

0d966ceba75c4f5dba1164c1e45d105f_14199-1fdsezo_inline.png

Then, make sure you exit and reload ScreenPlay, and you'll be able to access the CLI through ScreenPlay.

0d966ceba75c4f5dba1164c1e45d105f_14199-1pw9hx9_inline.png

yang_toon_Wu
New Contributor II
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sending me the link for download!

Sorry to be asking, but how do I use the CLI Proxy?

I’ve installed the CLI Proxy on my windows machine and when I launch the software, I only see a quick flash of Command prompt and then it disappears.

When I go to Extreme Switch GUI and clicks on the CLI Shell, it shows that I've to download and install CLI Proxy.

Now that I've installed the software, how do it use it so that from the GUI, I can have access the CLI Shell to do configurations.

dflouret
Extreme Employee
I'll send you an email with pointers to the files.

yang_toon_Wu
New Contributor II
XOS 12.3.3.6
GTM-P2G8KFN