Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Captive Portal

External Captive Portal

Informatik
New Contributor
Hello,

I've been trying to setup a hotspot with external custom captive portal and Radius authentication. i think i have setup everything ok, the login page loads up fine but when i click on sign in or clear field... i get the message "hotspot login cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet"

Any ideas, suggestions...

The external pages are actual url/domain .com not an IP, but the server where the url/domain is in in my office, should i try to use local ip address to point the external pages instead and the actual domain .com given that the server i right in my office where the AP7532 and all networking router and hardware is...

4a97e359059c43e0b13a96e0e648e62b_60b63dd1-b09a-457d-87b8-afee78714fef.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

RobertZ
Extreme Employee
if you log in via CLI (putty.exe) you can get the captive portal policy out of the running configuration, run the "show run" command

Informatik
New Contributor
Captive portal policy? i have not been able where to find that... i go to services and do not see anything there that says captive portal policy like it shows in many of the guides that i have look thru. what i see is that all the guides that i seen have a lowers firmware version of the Wing and i'm running 5.9... the latest release which GUI is totally different from all the guides that i have come across... i think the problem is the port settings/assignment, I've been playing with the javascript that goes in the html pages and i get different results a i change the port# in the script.

Let me look thru this guide, this the first time i come across this one. (i'm not a technical guy)

Thanks a lot for your reply

RobertZ
Extreme Employee
Can you share your captive portal policy ?

Did you follow the WiNG 5 Feature Guide: Integrating with 3rd Party Captive Portals ?
GTM-P2G8KFN