Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I downgrade the firmware AP7632

How Can I downgrade the firmware AP7632

mario123na
New Contributor

Hi everyone

Could you help me?  Actually I have one AP7632 for test and It have two firmwares in the boot, the firwmare 5.9.6 and 5.2.5, my question is Can I downgrade the version 5.2.5 to 5.9.1.5?, is for test to a RFS-4000  with Firmware 5.9.1.5 adopt AP650, I need test for AP7632 and AP650 works in same RFS4000  and How Can I do the downgrade in the AP7632?   thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Thinking about it now….I SHOULD have caught that since there’s NEVER been a 5.2.5 image for a 7632.  WiNG-5.2.5 is WAAAY before the 7632 APs came out. 🙂

mario123na
New Contributor

sorry is my mistake, the second firmware is 5.9.2.5 No 5.2.5, but I understand the answer I will try how you told me

ckelly
Extreme Employee

So actually, it SOUNDS like you are wanting to upgrade the firmware ‘slot’ that has 5.2.5 to 5.9.1.5.  Correct?  5.2.5 → 5.9.1.5 is an UPgrade...not a downgrade.  But, based on the way that firmwares are upgraded/downgraded, you will end up performing a downgrade to achieve your goal.

(You will end up downgrading the firmware slot holding 5.9.6, which pushes that 5.9.6 image over to the other slot.  WiNG keeps the upgraded/downgraded firmware as a ‘backup’ image in the other slot). 

Boot into the 5.9.6 image and then proceed to perform a downgrade to 5.9.1.5.  This will cause WiNG to replace the 5.9.6 firmware in that slot with 5.9.1.5 (the downgrade).  But, the original 5.9.6 image will then be pushed over to the OTHER slot as a backup, and in the process will overwrite the 5.2.5 image (there will no longer be a 5.2.5 image on the AP when this is completed).

***Note though:  The differences that exist in the configs between 5.9.1.5 and 5.9.6 might possibly cause issues (This is a fairly large difference in WiNG versions).  To be safe, I would FIRST default the config on the test AP (to a factory default empty config)...and THEN perform the downgrades/upgrades.  Once the up/downgrades are done, rebuild the config again manually (don’t try to copy over the config from the other firmware version’s config file like you might normally do)

GTM-P2G8KFN