cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I block certain MAC addresses on Extreme Summit Switches?

How do I block certain MAC addresses on Extreme Summit Switches?

Vince_MacNeil
New Contributor
I want to be able to block certain MAC addresses on my Extreme Switches. I want ot stop certain devices from being able to connect to my network
9 REPLIES 9

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hello Prateek Yes there are two ways to do this. If the traffic is locally bridged at the AP then you can do the same command to stop them on the wired network. You can also block them in the AP by adding their MAC into the wireless firewall. Please check out the WM_5.4_Controller_reference_guide to see step by step process.

Thanks
P

Prateek_Shukla
New Contributor
Hi..Paul...I want block the end users mac address in extreme WiFi wm3400 controller...so is there any command or option for the same
??

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Vince In order to block certain MAC addresses use the FDB blackhole. This is a permanent static entry in the Fowarding DataBase table. The command is create fdbentry mac_addr vlan vlan_name [ports port_list {tagged tag} | blackhole]

blackhole Enables the blackhole option. Any packets with either a source MAC address
or a destination MAC address matching the FDB entry are dropped.

Hope that helps

P

Vince_MacNeil
New Contributor
i have a list of MAC addresses I want want blocked. Do you have the command?

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
Hello You can use an ACL to block. But there are much better options available. Use Mac limit learning and allow only specific Mac address .based on your requirement exos has multiple options . ACL is the easiest .
GTM-P2G8KFN