Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart database in NSight server

How to restart database in NSight server

Jose_LV
New Contributor III
Hi

I have a vx9000 with Nsight installed. Today I have not been able to enter Nsigh showing me the following error: communication error.

The sh nsight status command shows the following:

Nsight is enabled
Nsight report and aggregation daemon is running
Nsight alarm daemon is running
Nsight server daemon is running
Database server is local
Database server is not reachable

I tried to restart the service with the command: service database server restart but it shows me the following error:

% Error: NSight must be disabled before using this command.

Is there any way to restart the Nsigh service without having to restart the vx9000 completely?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

Jose_LV
New Contributor III
you were right. The VX9000 does not have the necessary resources. The vx was installed with the default values of 8GB of hard disk and 4GB of RAM. I will open a case with GTAC.
Thanks

You ran out of disk space (storage), not RAM. There are several solutions, but I suggest contacting the GTAC for step by step instructions.

These include attaching a new disk or migrating to another VM with proper amount of resources.

It might be tricky if you need your old data, so GTAC is your best bet.

Jose_LV
New Contributor III
and has no solution?
Can I expand the VX's features to expand the Nsight features?

RobertZ
Extreme Employee
Essentially you have not scaled your NSight correctly when you built the VX9000.

Jose_LV
New Contributor III
Sorry, I had not seen it.
And that space of 3860, what do you mean?
Is the RAM assigned to the virtual machine?
I'm not sure, I would have to verify it, but I think the machine has a minimum of 24GB of RAM.
If I was wrong. Could more RAM be allocated to the virutal machine without losing licenses or config?

Thanks.

GTM-P2G8KFN