cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I connected the AP 7522E 11 numbers. one AP act as a VC. Now that VC going to down, remaining it will be Work? AP firmware is 5.8.0.0-050R.

I connected the AP 7522E 11 numbers. one AP act as a VC. Now that VC going to down, remaining it will be Work? AP firmware is 5.8.0.0-050R.

Saravanamurthy_
Contributor
I connected the AP 7522E, 11 numbers. one AP act as a VC. Now that VC going to down, remaining it will be Work? AP firmware is 5.8.0.0-050R.
7 REPLIES 7

aholden
Extreme Employee
Please see the release notes for 5.9.0. There is a new feature called DYNAMIN VC

Dynamic VC – Provides redundancy in the case of VC (AP) failure. Dynamic VC enables an AP to take on the role of VC when it is elected as RF-domain manager. Supports explicit secondary IP address configuration for seamless management access.

Saravanamurthy_
Contributor
Dear Guys,

If we configure DHCP & Radius only do in VC. So after down VC how to communicate other APs to DHCP & Radius Server.

Saravanamurthy_
Contributor
shall we manually configure or its take automatically

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
As mentioned above, if the VC is down, the other APs will not be affected unless it's providing a vital service. If you urgently need to manage the remaining APs while the original VC is being RMA'd, just designate one of the other APs as a VC. It will adopt the neighboring APs and you can manage them accordingly.
Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN