Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mesh point with WLAN on radio1

mesh point with WLAN on radio1

Aviv_Kedem
Contributor
Hello all,
Our regulation is not allows using of 5Ghz outdoor.
Sometimes we need to deploy outdoor AP's with mesh point and WLAN on 2.4Ghz only.
But as we see is working not so stable as we need - meshpoint links refreshed every several hours even if there is excellent signal and signal quality/noise level.

Please recommend some special recommendations for setting up mesh point with WLAN together on radio1.

Regards,

Aviv

8 REPLIES 8

Daniel_DiLuzio
Extreme Employee
Hi Aviv,

Correction, I did not mean CRM but primary-port-link. You may want to check and see if there have been any issues with interface going up and down causing a conversion.

Thank you,

Dan

Hi Daniel,
I talking about something global and not a specific issue, but thank you.

Regards,

Aviv

Daniel_DiLuzio
Extreme Employee
Hi Aviv,

From what I see you have channel at default (smt). When a meshpoint is mapped to a radio with smt set, which is the default, then mesh auto channel scan is enabled (smart-rf is not used when a meshpoint is mapped to a radio). By default, mesh auto channel will re-evaluate channel conditions every 30 minutes (channel hold time which is configured under meshpoint-device) e.g.
acs channel-hold-time 2.4GHz

Set this value to zero (0) to prevent the periodic re-evaluation.

When mesh auto channel is used, the channel list that is used is actually configured under the rf-domain. If nothing is defined then all channels will be scanned. Perhaps this is what you are seeing.

Also note, that you are using the default path method uniform which means path selection is metric based. Signal level is only one of many components that determine a path or path change. What do the metrics look like. Try these useful commands:

show wireless meshpoint neighbor statistics rf
show wireless meshpoint neighbor detail
show wireless meshpoint path detail
more system:/proc/dataplane/wireless/radio/radio1-proximity

To be sure you can enable debugging to see what the meshpoint is doing. With logging enabled, go to the cli and type "debug wireless meshpoint level debug". Wait for a change to occur and send me a tech dump.

Also, you do have CRM configured. I would also check the logs to see if there have been any CRM events.

Thank you,

Dan

Alona
Extreme Employee
Add following under radio 1:
no dynamic-chain-selection
rate-selection opportunistic
non-unicast tx-rate lowest-basic

You need to do this for both root and non-root. I assume this is 7131n . What antenna are you using? What gain? Distance between the APs? Why not 7161? AP 7131 went out of engineering support at this point.

Alona
GTM-P2G8KFN