Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC X CONTROLER VE6120 Medium 10.4 X ap305c

NAC X CONTROLER VE6120 Medium 10.4 X ap305c

JetFlys
New Contributor

Hello all,

I have a NAC system that work around my LAN.

Then I have a WIFI system (VE6120 Medium 10.04) on the same LAN

I've deploy some AP's to distant branch, on one site is all ok, while the other is not despite they have the same configuration.

For the second site everything is configured, the controler see the site and the AP's, the client can connect to the WLAN but they don't get any IP while the DHCP is directly connect on the same switch as the AP's.

The NAC evalution tool show me that clients get the wright role (Site 2 Role). But on the controler it show that client get the default enterprise user instead of Site 2 Role.

I don't know if clients can't get an IP because of the default role or the default role is the reason why they don't get any IP.

Thank you for your reflections 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AntonScholz
New Contributor II

Hello JetFlys,
please make sure, that the Rule "Site 2 Rule" is assigned to the Device Profile of your second Site. Otherwise, the Controller will assign the Default Role to the Client.
If the Role is missing, the Controller will also write an entry into the Controller Event-Log. Like this:
"RADIUS Server role [RoleXYZ] is not part of Device Group/Site XYZ"

Please also check your NAC Attributes, which are sent to the Controller after successfully authentication.

Best Regards

Anton

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AntonScholz
New Contributor II

Hello JetFlys,
please make sure, that the Rule "Site 2 Rule" is assigned to the Device Profile of your second Site. Otherwise, the Controller will assign the Default Role to the Client.
If the Role is missing, the Controller will also write an entry into the Controller Event-Log. Like this:
"RADIUS Server role [RoleXYZ] is not part of Device Group/Site XYZ"

Please also check your NAC Attributes, which are sent to the Controller after successfully authentication.

Best Regards

Anton

Bartek
New Contributor III

In addition to Anton response, you can also add both controllers to this same Policy domain to keep both controllers in sync with Roles defined in your network. What is more, you can also import existing roles from controllers to a Policy domain

Regards

Bartek

GTM-P2G8KFN